Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am having trouble removing the water filter in my Amana

Customer Question

I am having trouble removing the water filter in my Amana refrigerator. It is located on the bottom of the unit. How do I remove it?
George Bodenger
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am having trouble removing the water filter in my Amana refrigerator. It is located on the bottom of the unit. How do I remove it?George Bodenger
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

You should just need to push the button next to the filter really hard and the filter should pop out. If that isn't working, then turn the water off and push the water dispenser to relieve any pressure stored inside. Then push again on the release button hard. If it still won't release then you need to replace the filter housing and the filter because it has just failed for some reason.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.