Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My gas grill will not light. I replaced the regulator and

Customer Question

my gas grill will not light. I replaced the regulator and checked all other components for problems. I tightened all connections including the orifices and the burner for dirt and or blockages . There is a full tank of LP in place and I know that it is not the problem as I just used it to cook clams the other day and it worked perfectly on that devise. Where do I go now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

IS any gas coming through the burner manifolds?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no that is problem
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I explained in my request I have run out of things to try.

Ok I have personally had this happen many times and it has to do with the coupler to the tank. Disconnect the tank coupler....turn on one of the burner manifolds and then crank the tank valve open just a little while connecting the coupler, once connected full open the tank and then shut the burner off and try it. It will likely work fine. Let me know

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have also gone thru all the procedures to make sure that the gas grille is not shutting down the the system due to a leak some where

Just try to do the procedure I said and see if the gas then comes through

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just tried your instructions and nothing happened, I tried it twice to no avail.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I ran a water test on both the burner and the control valve and they both indicated no blockage. the valve worked in all positions. and the burner did not show any blockages

Have you tried a different propane tank?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have

OK the issue is in the regulator or coupler as the valves on the unit are not causing the lack of gas flow. If you take the line off the regulator and hook just the regulator to the tank and turn it on does any gas come out?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
After our conversation was interrupted by an internet failure due to storms. I was forced to leave the site. At work we had a round table discussion someone said go to a certain website that discusses installing a new regulator. I found that the regulator ,by law, must have a safety setup to prevent gas flow if there is a sign of a possible leak and there is a procedure to to follow to install it. I did today and it worked, I grilled a burger for lunch today !!

Yes that was my comment on the 7th of July to you about the regulator.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You may want to add this to your presentations if yow would like. I will pay you for your efforts as you were sincere.

OK great!