John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

My Bosch Nexxt 500Plus Series dryer (gas) is not starting

Customer Question

My Bosch Nexxt 500Plus Series dryer (gas) is not starting when I push the Start/Pause Button on the front panel (the LED screen is on and illuminates, and allows you to choose mode). When closing the dryer, choosing the mode, then pressing start you hear a double-click, then nothing happens. This is the time when it usually fires on, after hearing the click but nothing. If you press the Start/Pause button again after you hear the double-click and it doesn't turn on, the lint light begins blinking for a few seconds then turns off. I took the back off and tried the belt reset button as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Bosch Nexxt 500Plus Series Gas Dryer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that i can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Will you please send me the complete model number. It is printed on an id label that's located on or near the door opening or on the rear of the washer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model: WTMC4521UC
Serial: 859020085234003582
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Several parts are involved with lighting the burner flame. If you remove the front cover panel, you should be able to view the igniter, which glows bright orange, when it's working correctly. If the burner flame lights off before turning off, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I look through the front and didn't see the orange pilot flame glowing, but I'm not exactly sure where to look either. I have attached an image to better help you, help me, identify the pilot flame.I would call but I don't get cell service at my house and I just moved in so I have not got a land line yet.Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

When it's heated, it glows bright enough to see the orange color reflection off surrounding parts. The part number is(###) ###-#### ***** the price is $37.85. You can buy it at A replacement video is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I looked online and this model doesnt have a pilot, it uses an electrically charged glow bar, similar to a diesel engine so this cannot be the issue (This is something I would have expected you to know). Besides, I need it to start first before the heating element could even be tested. Thats what this post is about, getting it started. If we could address the issue at hand that would be great! If you cannot help me please allow others to chime in with their expertise. Thanks!
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

As you wish.