Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the same issue. A whirlaway 191. No hum when it is

Customer Question

I have the same issue. A whirlaway 191 . No hum when it is turned on at all. Stuck. Broom handle did not loosen it. Any other ideas?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If you look around the bottom of the disposal there should be a tiny button on the bottom that you can press hard and if it clicks it will reset the disposal. If not, then unplug the disposal and run it to an outlet you know is working to see if it turns on when you apply power. If it does not turn on, then you just need a new disposal because your motor has failed. If it does turn on, you know you have a bad switch or outlet or something along those lines.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?