John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My daughter threw WAY too much stuff in our dryer yesterday

Customer Question

My daughter threw WAY too much stuff in our dryer yesterday (2 sets of sheets and a comforter). They all got balled up and obviously did not dry completely. Well, I went and separated it all out tried drying them individually. Now the dryer appears to have no heat. It runs a normal cycle and everything appears to be working, but no heat. Any idea on what we can do? We have a Samsung dryer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is not even 5 years old. I will have to run upstairs for the model. Can you wait a few minutes?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. My husband is an extremely handy guy. The motor went out on our Samsung washer and he fixed that by watching a You Tube video.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: DV5451AEWXAA01
JA: Huh?
Customer: That is the model number of our dryer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

The dryer has 2 thermal fuses that protect against over heating. The part number for the first is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $7.49. The part number for the second is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $10.15. You can buy them at www.repairclinic.com. Replacement videos are available at the website site. I suggest you buy both of them.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That appears to be the same thing that my husband thought as well, so now I feel better with his answer. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome.