Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert

I need to know what is a replacement 2002 Samsung microwave

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** need to know what is a replacement for a 2002 Samsung microwave oven MR6699GB?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am all ready a just answer customer with an open account
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

hi Dan are you available

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Exekiel I am
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

hi Dan ok that microwave is 30 inches wide what are you trying to replace it with

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is 23" wide and height is 15"
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This microwave oven is in a RV located of the gas stove.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

yes I'm sorry mis read ok are you looking for the same brand or something compatible

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to replace the Microwave with a new one with the same features.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

let me check a few sites one moment please

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

Mt. Arlington, NJ - April 28, 2004 - Samsung Electronics, in cooperation with the United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), announced an expansion of its recall of microwave ovens that were installed in recreational vehicles (RVs) sold in the US during the past 3 years. Samsung has determined that some of these microwave ovens may present a safety hazard due to a defective part that may cause them to begin operation unassisted and result in smoke or fire.
Samsung will repair the ovens free of charge for consumers. In the meantime, consumers who own RVs with the affected ovens should unplug the microwaves - or, if that is not possible, leave the microwave door ajar, which will prevent the oven from operating. As a general safety precaution, consumers should never store items in microwave ovens or leave items in the ovens after use.

Samsung is currently working with more than 150 RV manufacturers nationwide to arrange to have the microwave ovens repaired for consumers free of charge. Repairs will be handled by Registered Service Centers. Customers may remove the Oven and carry it in to an Authorized Service Center, or, tow their RV to the Service Center for onsite service. Service arrangements and more information may be obtained as follows:

1- 800-(###) ###-####Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM EST
E-mail***@******.*** Note: Please include your name, address, and model number in the body of the email.
Fax 1-***-***-****
Samsung is dedicated to creating superior products and offering exceptional customer service. Samsung's top priority is consumer satisfaction and safety, and we are committed to taking all appropriate actions to address and resolve this issue as expediently as possible.

The new models included in the recall are: MR1031WB, MR1032BB, MR1033SB, MR1351WB, MR1352BB. These microwaves were built by Samsung between May 2002 and July 2003 and installed in RVs sold during that time frame. Models of microwave oven affected by the earlier recall notice include: MR5491G, MR5491G01, MR5492W, MR5494W01, MR5493G, MR5493G01, MR5494W, MR7491G, MR7491G01, MR7492W, MR7492W01, MR7493G, MR7493G01, MR6698WB, MR6699GB, and MR6699SB. Consumers can locate the model number and manufacture date of their oven on the inside of the microwave oven door. Microwave oven models MR1031UWC, MR1031CWC, MR1032UBC, MR1032CBC as well as MR1351WB manufactured after May 2003 and MR1352WB manufactured after August 2003 are not included in this recall. No other Samsung microwave ovens are involved in this recall.

For more information, consumers should contact the Samsung Customer Care Center at 1-***-***-**** or visit the Samsung website at:

Consumers may also visit the NHTSA website at; the NHTSA campaign number is ***** The expansion is listed at 04-E-031.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

did you know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no I did not know they had problems with them. I have only had this RV for 2 years.
Right now the Microwave is working correctly and looking to replace it.
Maybe I should get a different brand.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

yes that would be a safe move on you last thing you need is a fire while not occupied

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

that's a lot of recalls

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that would be bad.
So in order to get a replacement I guess I will have to go to Winnebago to get a new microwave oven.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

pretty much

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you. My active just answer account will handle your fees?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

please rate me high as that's how I get paid thanks good luck sir.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will, thanks.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

your welcome

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

please rate me high as that's how I get paid thanks good luck sir​ best of luck