Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My whirlpool microwave hood combination model wmh53520cb-0

Customer Question

my whirlpool microwave hood combination model wmh53520cb-0 is failing to recognize that the door is open, causing the microwave not to work. After many failed attempts to open and close door, I tried to trip the latch mechanism by gently pressing a screwdriver into the latch openings. This caused the latch to go into the closed position, although the door is open. A few minutes later, the entire microwave powered down. There is no tripped breaker and we've unplugged/plugged in the unit several times. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The door switches are not working likely just one, but there is a monitor switch and if you tripped it manually it is designed to blow the internal bus fuse inside the unit, so you may have done that and need to replace that and still fix the door switch and replace that as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!