Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I find someone who can take the oven doors off so

Customer Question

How do I find someone who can take the oven doors off so that I can clean the inside of the doors?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You would want to call Whirlpool to see who is authorized in your area since they own Jenn Air if you wanted to call someone out to take the doors off. Otherwise if you wanted to take the doors off yourself, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is either a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out, or there will be a tiny hole that appears at the joint of the hinge which you can stick a small screw through to lock the hinge out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up tot he broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.