Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a side by side refrigerator may tag msd2756gew it is

Customer Question

I have a side by side refrigerator may tag msd2756gew it is getting ice on the top shelf under ice maker we have replaced the ice maker the defrost control panel and the defrost heater assembly. do you know what else we could check it is still freezing up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Does it look like everything is thawing out in the freezer and re-freezing? Is the ice bucket becoming one solid block of ice from thawing and refreezing and possibly that is where the ice on the top shelf is coming from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no nothing is thawing.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we checked the little door the ice comes out of and it seems to shut tight so no air is getting in
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

It sounds like the water inlet valve may be leaking and flooding the freezer. If you shut the water to the refrigerator off, does it stop leaking?