Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Kenmore #790.94102702 Set the temp at 350 degrees and let it

Customer Question

kenmore #790.94102702 Set the temp at 350 degrees and let it warm up. put casserole in oven ,after 20 minutes i opened oven door and it was soooo hot that I turned it off. took casserole out and bottom was burnt. tried using oven again the next day and had to shut it off again,because it became to hot? What do I check? or replace? burners are fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Steve. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. Your issue can only be cause by either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
never mind, my wife found the problem, it was an element that was split (bottom). How do i get a refund?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

A split element is not going to cause an over heat, you have other problems. Would you like further assistance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Good luck. You can contact***@******.*** to request a refund.