Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Fisher Paykel dish drawer model DD24D. It worked

Customer Question

We have a Fisher Paykel dish drawer model DD24D. It worked fine for the first two years and now the bottom and top drawers cannot be run at the same time without trouble. The bottom drawer cannot be run without trouble. The only thing that works is the top drawer as long as it is not run with the bottom drawer. Near the end of the cycle the red lights appear on both drawers. We have to turn the circuit breaker on and off to get the dishwasher to semi-function again. The top drawer states U4- fault in other drawer preventing the use of this drawer. The bottom drawer states F9-electronic malfunction. Yesterday we ran both dish drawers through 2 vinegar rinses. The red lights appeared and we turned the breaker on and off and both drawers restarted and finished the cycle. We have attempted to get a service tech here but it is not possible since we are 3 hours away from a major city and have no service tech in the immediate area to help us. The nearest tech is 1 hour away and he will not work on FP because he states he can't get parts. I think we will have to try to trouble shoot and fix this with just answer's help. Thanks, Val
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Based on your issue it sure sounds like you will need to replace the main control for the bottom drawer that is likely causing both the U4 code in the top drawer and the F9 code. The board is behind the panel of the front of the drawer itself. You just need to remove the two side pins and the front panel will pull straight down to get the panel off exposing the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Appliance Guru.

No problem