Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I Have a GE refrigerator, model GFE28GMKBES. I reset the

Customer Question

I Have a GE refrigerator, model GFE28GMKBES. I reset the freezer temp to 0 and now have what looks like an error code on the display. It looks like 'EF' with the top bar of the E missing. What is that and why doesn't the display show the desired temp? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator. That "EF" is actually a "tF" or what it's supposed to look like anyways. It means that it thinks your freezer temperature sensor has failed. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the issue will reset. If the error comes back, the freezer temperature sensor needs to be ordered and replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.