Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool duet sport washing machine. I had a wash

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet sport washing machine. I had a wash in, it stopped mid-cycle-no power. Circuit breaker is fine. Plug is in.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: any thoughts?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it could be upwards of 10 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no--just that I have a load of clothes soaking in water and suds and its locked and I can't get the clothes out--no power.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. There are 3 things that can cause your washer to be completely dead--The noise filter, the CCU, and the interface control board. You'll need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Follow the power cord in from the back of the washer and it plugs into a cylinder device called the noise filter. With a multimeter test power going INTO and OUT of this part and if you don't have 110 volts coming out, then replace the filter. Other than that if you have power coming out, press the power button on the front control panel and see if you hear a click. If not then replace the CCU. If so, then the CCU is getting power which means that the CCU should be good and the noise filter is good. Unfortunately that means that your front interface control board itself is bad. I'm sure you've tried this already but try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work the user interface control boards behind the front control panel would need to be replaced. You would need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way to look up the correct part number, but the part is usually about $200-300 I'll warn you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.