John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Samsung dryer that will not heat. We have replaced

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dryer that will not heat. We have replaced the heating element, that did not work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would guess that it is 4 years old. I do not know the exact model. Does Dc47-00019A represent the model #?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband has replaced the thermal fuse twice. It worked for a day after the first replacement, than a week after the second replacement
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure what else to do.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Does the unit run and have you verified you have 240 volts to the unit at the terminal block where the cord connects?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the unit runs and I have texted my husband as to the voltage question.

OK let me know and also have you checked all the high limit thermostats?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I see the option to call. Would my husband be able to call later this evening or tomorrow when he is at home?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Checked where cord plugged into outlet, not into dryer. Checked all high level thermostats

Yes you can do a phone call later if you would like.