Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My bottome element of the top oven doesn't get hot,

Customer Question

my bottome element of the top oven doesn't get hot
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Precision touch 750 series. Approximatley 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if its not too complicated.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have replaced the element. Thats not the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If only the bottom element on the top oven is having an issue, either the element has failed or the relay on the display control board which sends power to the element has failed. It sounds like you already replaced the element so if the issue wasn't resolved, the only culprit left is the display board itself because all other cut outs on the oven will stop all the elements for the oven working, not just one. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and seen if you open the doors or on a metal flip up tab on the back of the control panel that you can flip up to see the model number. Usually the cost of the board is about $200-250 but it depends on the exact model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?