Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I recently changed my filter in my refrigerator

Customer Question

I recently changed my filter in my refrigerator (mod.#12265XEM6) and now I can get cold water but my ice maker doesn't get water to it. Can you help me out please.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I"ll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. If replacing the filter caused this issue then it means that the fill tube above the icemaker has frozen and isn't allowing water to go to the icemaker due to all the air not being expelled after replacing the filter. You can remove the back panel inside the refrigerator expose the electronic water valve. In the link below, 13 is the cover and 20 is the valve.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker from the valve and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's not clear, use a hair dryer and heat up the fill tube behind the icemaker in order to thaw it out until you can blow through the water line and then you should be good to go again. Other than that, you can unplug the unit for 24 hours and everything will thaw out but then you'd have to put your food somewhere in the mean time.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?