Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a line ice maker model U-B12015s that is not being

Customer Question

i have a line ice maker model U-B12015s that is not being supplied water, i have had this problem in the past and replaced the water solenoid valve, that worked, but now that i have the same issue i changed the valve and no change...its as if the solenoid water valve is not receiving the signal telling the valve to open, should i replace the internal assembly..??
JA: Huh?
Customer: U-Line 220v
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Make and model above
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i can do it or i am happy to get the work done
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

If you replaced the valve and still no water and you are positive that water is being supplied to the valve the ice maker is not sending the signal for water which means its bad and must be replaced:

U-Line Refrigerator Ice Maker Assembly 402-BI2015 - click here

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you there..

yes I am here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you telling me the entire ice maker needs to be replaced....surely the assembly kit is all that needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the valve is simply not receiving the signal to open, which unit sends the signal to open the valve for 7 seconds

If there is a kit for the ice maker module then ya you can just replace that instead of the entire unit, I did not see one listed at repair clinic.

I could only find the entire assembly listed under that model:

click here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if i buy the entire assembly and install that shld cover all basis right?

yep it will

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?