Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a hotpoint HSS25GFTA WW refrigerator that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint HSS25GFTA WW refrigerator that has stopped dispensing ice and water and the control panel doesn't light up anymore. What could be the cause
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model # ***** and I'm unsure of the age of the frig but I'm guess at least 7yrs old or more. It's the white side by side version.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's nothing too complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The power in the town we live in went out yesterday and that's when the problem started
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. First, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. While it's unplugged, check the wire harness that goes through the freezer door hinge to make sure the connection in the hinge didn't get loose or there isn't a burnt contact inside the connection. Reconnect the plug and then plug the refrigerator back in if all check good. If the display still won't turn on, peel back the door seal while the freezer door is shut and see if the light inside is on or not. If it's on then your freezer door switch has either failed or isn't being pushed by the freezer door which will cut power to the dispenser. Other than that, if the interior lights are off when the door is closed, you just have a bad main control board which is located on the back of your refrigerator behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?