Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool timer knob broke. I ordered a replacement

Customer Question

My Whirlpool timer knob broke. I ordered a replacement timer. When plugged into the wiring harness, the timer sounds like a ticking bomb.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a Whirlpool LSR6332KQ1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm trying to figure out if the replacement timer part is defective...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. There really isn't much that can cause the timer to be ticking loudly and not working properly other than the timer itself. Unfortunately it sounds like your timer just came faulty if you ordered the correct one. To be sure, the part number for the timer you need on this model is WP3955489. If that is the part you ordered then just return it and get a new one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the second timer I have ordered. Both made the same ticking noise...I'm having a hard time believing that both timers are defective...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

I'm not there to hear the noise but either the noise is normal or the timer came faulty, there is nothing else that can cause the timer to make a louder ticking noise than intended.