bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

We have a GE washer and the little went off that the cycle

Customer Question

We have a GE washer and the little bell went off that the cycle was done. However the door remains locked. It won't re-run a cycle or really respond to anything. We drained some water out of there through the access panel on the lower right and verified that there isn't anything caught in there. We have tried unplugging it and plugging back in and that does not work either.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Your door lock has failed and you need to replace it. If you don't have the tools or aptitude to change it then having a repairman come out would be best solution. Without model I can't get tech sheet to help you check all functions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
GE washer model number is ***** 4800k
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you have directions as to how to open the door?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you also please email tech sheet?

Give me a few minutes to locate sheets if any for opening door and further testing.

which series is it 0ww,1ww,2ww?

You need to take screws off back of top panel where the brackets are and slide top towards back and pull off. Then in front you can see the lock down inside next to door. There should be a release switch on lock. I cant find diagram for lock release but I know there is one on it because they all have a emergency release.

Here is manual

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks we got the door open through the top. For future reference, you need to press down on the interior latch to force unlock.

Yes I know that but since there are multiple models they are not all the same so in reference to the comment I know what the process is I was helping you.

rate service