Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

While cleaning the drain, the elbow fell off the drain. I

Customer Question

While cleaning the drain, the elbow fell off the drain. I checked and the water still flows directly into the pan. Do i need to reattach? I am not sure of the purpose. It will be labor intensive and complicated to pull out the 36" built in fridge.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 2 years old. GE Monogram 36" built in freezer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if it needs to be reattached
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Yes you need to reattach it so the drain line drains into the pan, if the line will drain in the pan fine without it you can leave it off though, just make sure it will drain into the pan ok.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!