John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The washer won't fill up with water, Whirlpool wfw9050xw00 6

Customer Question

The washer won't fill up with water
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool wfw9050xw00 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It makes the sounds as if it's going to start once we close the door but when the door locks it makes a quick buzzing sound and locks but water doesn't fall and the door locks we have to unplug it in order to open the door
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. I assume you are sure the hot and cold water are turned on? We can run diagnostics to see if there are any error codes. Let me know what you get. Here are the instructions.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2. Select any three buttons and follow the steps below, using the same buttons (remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed):

Within 8 seconds,

• Press and Release the 1st selected button,

• Press and Release the 2nd selected button,

• Press and Release the 3rd selected button;

• Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.

3. If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” showing in the Estimated Time Remaining three-digit display. If there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, and then only the seven segment display will come back on and display “888”. If there are codes, a momentary press of the 3rd button you used will advance to the next stored code.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Our washer doest have a screen that shows time remaining

On models without a display, the WASH LED will flash to indicate the error code. If there are no error codes stored, the WASH LED remains on. There will be two sets of flashes separated by a pause. The first number is ***** failure and the second is the error. After you count the flashes press the third button you used and it will go to the next error if there is more than one.