Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ice maker not making ice, sub zero 3151 under counter,

Customer Question

ice maker not making ice
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: sub zero 3151 under counter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: seems like the water pump is not getting water... water solenoid ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If the unit is not filling the sump with water yes I would check the water valve on the unit and likely change it if it is burned out or plugged up and bad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Filter clear, the water solenoid not opening. What tells it to call for more water to fill reservoir?

The control signals the valve to turn on for a set period of time. so if there is no power to the valve replace the control.