John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My GE S3700G1WW doesn't spin or agitate; I checked lid

Customer Question

my GE S3700G1WW doesn't spin or agitate; I checked lid switch is OK, motor code error indicate motor is OK, the motor does hum, but no spin; pump seems OK since it can load and drain water as well. how went wrong?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model: S3700G1WW, 10+ years old maybe
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i want to identify the problem and has dissembled it already
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: at one time, when we turned it on, it did spin with very little water in, but we can not repeat that luck anymore
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Inspect the drive motor and belt to make sure the motor is turning the belt pulley and the belt isn't slipping on the pulley. Please let me know what you find. Thank you.