John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My washer will fills up with water to wash but then just

Customer Question

My washer will fills up with water to wash but then just drains it doesn't wash.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool model wtw4850xq0. About 6
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Inspect the drain pump assembly for debris holding the valve open, so the water can drain out. Clean out any you find. Also check to see if the drain hose has slipped down into the drain pipe far enough to siphon water from the tub. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out?