bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

I have a whipool duet washer. I tried to add some more

Customer Question

I have a whipool duet washer. I tried to add some more laundry to it and change to cold water. Now the door is locked and no controls work. Can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All I know is that it is a Whirlpool Duet washer where I am pet sitting. I started a load and then added something I forgot and then the door locked light is flashing and the machine will not restart the wash or respond to anything. Can you help? I am currently not at the house, but I will be later and can call you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I

Without a model I can only tell you from the information given that the door lock has failed. You need to first unplug it for at least 10 minutes then plug in and try to use if the door lock light is still flashing and door is not locking then you need a lock.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try to get to the plug and unplug it. I don't think I can get to the plug, but I'll try. This has not been much help

Im not sure what you are looking for. I can not help you if I dont have the correct model number and havent gone thru trouble shooting steps. There is no magic process that will fix it off of no information.