bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

I have a Whirlpool gold refrigerator bottom freezer 2 doors.

Customer Question

I took out the temperature-controlled drawer and part of the rail came out. I cannot put it back. this is the inner part which slides on top of the outer part of the rail that is attached to the refrigerator.
It is metal, and the part that came out has a sliding piece with some round pins which is eventually the piece that remains between the inner and the outer parts of the rail when you pull out the drawer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I attached 4 pictures, hope that will help. I don't have the model number.

I know that is the track that lets the drawer move in and out. have you tried to put the bearing track back into outer piece? You may need to get a new track if you cant get that piece back in. Use other track for reference of fit. If you need part # ***** would need the model. Also I only got 1 picture

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I try to put the bearing track back into outer piece, should I align the back of the bearing track with the front of the outer piece, or do I push from the side? (tried both unsuccessfully, will try again per your recommendation). Which file did you get? I re-attached one of the four.

The inner piece back should face against outer piece also it wont go into track if not turned the correct way. The inner piece should slide thru the track without effort. If the piece is bent or damaged you will need to get a new track.

You have the inner track in outer correctly. What is not working?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The only way I could put it back was by unscrewing the outer part, and sliding the inner part from the back. The glider prevents sliding it from the front. Since I did not receive this answer from you, I don't think I should be charged.I don't want to give a low rating, because you were responsive and tried to help. Perhaps it is hard to resolve a situation like this without seeing it, but bot***** *****ne is I did not get the correct advice so I cannot give a high rating. I prefer not to rate at all.

I understand and yes its hard to articulate to someone if your not there and they don't understand what you do. If there was a better illustration I would send it but there isn't. I think I should make my own repair videos because trying to explain appliance repair to someone that isn't a experienced tech is harder than what most think, its not some simple common knowledge profession.