Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My GE dishwasher won't turn on. It was beeping the other day

Customer Question

My GE dishwasher won't turn on. It was beeping the other day but worked. The only lights that go on are Dani wash, heated dry and steam. I press start and nothing happens? Do I need a new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?