Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We a have a Mat modelfront load washer 1. Pulled out the

Customer Question

We a have a Mat model(###) ###-####front load washer
1. Pulled out the detergent dispenser drawer to clean it. Then looked inside where the dispenser drawer nests. Inside that compartment on the roof of the compartment is a series of holes where I assume the water comes through (?) - anyway , the holes and the area inside the holes needs to be cleaned (are black and brown with gunk) - does that part (the panel withe the holes) come out - can it be removed to clean it and the area it hides? Is there another way to clean that area?
2. The little tab that prevents the drawer from opening all the way (except when pressing it to remove the drawer for cleaning) - can't figure out out to put back on - do you have a diagram?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The easiest way to clean it is with a stiff bristled brush or you will have to totally disconnect all of the hoses and fittings under the main top panel. I would spray it with a vinegar solution and allow it to sit for a bit then brush it well. Be sure to rinse well and run a load with no clothes to flush away any leftover solution or gunk that is scrubbed off to prevent it from depositing on your clothes.