bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

The GE Monogram Dishwasher is not draining water. 13 years

Customer Question

The GE Monogram Dishwasher is not draining water.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 13 years EEV103401
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had the Garbage Disposer recently been replaced with new and is working fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
GE Monogram Dish washer model is actually ZBD6900G03SS and Serial # ***** lights come on. The noise level does not sound like when it is working properly.
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

The problem with the dishwasher is either the drain pump has failed or the garbage disposal was not installed correctly. You need to check the the hole where the drain line from the dishwasher connects to the garbage disposal the hole needs to be knocked out with a screwdriver and hammer because there is a plastic plug that is in there from factory and it stops the water from draining into the disposal and if it is not taken out the dishwasher will not drain. If that has been done correctly then the drain pump needs changed.