John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I 't think it's an issue, but a small rectangular ( about 1

Customer Question

I don't think it's an issue, but a small rectangular ( about 1 1/2 inches by # ***** or 4" fell into our dishwasher, probably from the inside top. Just wondering if I should keep it.
JA: What's the make and model of your dishwasher? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Just a sec, I'll check. It's only a couple years old. Sorry. It's a Maytag, Model No. MDB5969SDM0, Serial No. F44511530.
JA: Huh?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What is it's purpose?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work? Please clarify what has to be done. It fell out a couple months ago and there has been no effect on the operation of the dishwasher.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all the information I have. What is is and is it necessary or just a cover for shipping?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. Can you take a picture of the rectangle piece and attach it using the paper clip above the text box so I can determine if it's part of your dishwasher, needed, or whatnot?