John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I unplugged my washer and still get the error. The washer is

Customer Question

I unplugged my washer and still get the error. The washer is five years old. Is the fix very expensive?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE Profile......5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not really......depends on how much it costs.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: the fix simple enough for a novice to do?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just answer the previous question......thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

What error display do you see? Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model# ***** HMG
Serial #ZR400283M
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
d5 error on GE PROFILE WASHER. 6 yrs old
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The d5 error display indicates that the lid switch is not operating. Inspect the lid edge, where it fits to the frame for any foreign items or material holding the door away from seating properly. Clean and vacuum any you find. Please let me know if the problem continues.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out?