bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair

I have a Samsung RF267ABRS refrigerator that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RF267ABRS refrigerator that has stopped cooling and freezing. I have turned it off for several days then plugged it back in a couple of days ago. Still no cooling or freezing. I checked diagnostics and did not have any codes. Ideas?
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No it has not. The refrigerator was built in 2008
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked the diagnostics and found no codes
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

I will give you the steps to manually diagnose the problem and make correct decision on whether to fix or replace.

First is the condensor fan working that is next to compressor?

If fan is not working then there is a power issue either from the wall power or the control boards both inverter and main control board.

If the fan is working then you need to check power to the compressor and if you hear the relay trying to start the compressor.

If there is no starting click or excessive clicking from start relay then you need to replace relay.

Is the compressor warm or cold when plugged in for at least 15 minutes if it is then there should be a click from the relay if there is but no start then compressor is defective and need to replace it.

Remember to always be aware of electrical parts when plugged in due to shock hazard.