John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I also have a GE Dryer model DBVH512EFOWWWhy it shut off

Customer Question

I also have a GE Dryer model DBVH512EFOWWWhy it shut off after 5-10 minutes then when you start again it will run for a few seconds then shut off. If you play "Fonzi" from Happy Days tv show and pound it on the left or right of the door it run for a short time then shut off. I have pulled it away from the wall connection and let it run and it still shuts off. please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel Zingarelli replied 10 months ago.

Hi - If you open up the dryer and move the clothes around does it run for a few? If so, I might be 1. the high limit heat sensor is bad, you can bypass that and the dryer will run. or 2. The machine has a senor that tell it the clothes are dry and it will stop running- that senor could be bad.