Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Samsung side by side frig (model #RS261M) is not making

Customer Question

My Samsung side by side frig (model #RS261M) is not making enough ice. It drops 1 tray about every 6 hours and always seems to be empty.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's an RS261MDBP
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: And it's 1-2 yrs old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, if possible I would like to do it myself .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The ice production is directly dependent upon the freezer temperature. How is the temperature in the freezer? the ice maker will not cycle above about 15*F, so the freezer should be kept around 0*F.