bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair
88840966

We have a refrigerator model AF12538AE and the ice maker

Customer Question

We have a refrigerator model AF12538AE and the ice maker occasionally stops making ice. What we have been doing is taking the ice tray out and closing it several times. We did read about turning the auger driver counter clock wise. We are still not getting ice.
The second item is that the tab you push to get ice or water sticks at times.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

From your description it would be the ice maker that needs to be changed due to whenever it stops there is no ice and you try to advance for it to work. Anytime the rake is not advancing and arm stays in same place the gear motor is not working so there is internal failure. Here is the part# ***** the ice maker #MHIK7989. Also the button is sticking due to a bad micro switch that is behind the pad but I have checked on that part for your model and it is no longer available. This model must be old and they may be discontinuing the parts for it and this is the reason most major parts for the unit is not available.