Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a front load Kenmore washer the door will not lock.

Customer Question

I have a front load Kenmore washer the door will not lock. try to start it and get blinking PAU on the display
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 18 month s I have a model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: and yes ill do the work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model(###) ###-####
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model 417.41122410
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer. PAU on the display when you press start means that the washer thinks you opened the door so it's pausing the cycle. It's not detecting that the door is securely shut so try to open the door and firmly shut the door again. If it still won't run, the door latch behind the front panel of the washer will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for door latch

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?