John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a U-line combo icemaker refrigerator, CLRCO2175, I am

Customer Question

i have a U-line combo icemaker refrigerator
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: CLRCO2175
JA: Huh?
Customer: I am getting an error code
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: and no ice production
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

What error code do you see? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
E5 and E7
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The error display indicates that the sensing thermistor is faulty. If you go to, and type the words 'uline ice maker thermistor' into the search box, you'll be able to order the replacement part.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there more than 1 thermistor? if it is the problem, can I replace it myself? if so, does it involve removing the refrigerator from the cabinet?Note: the machine is now making ice...would a faulty thermistor fail intermittently?thanks
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

There is just one thermistor. It's a plug in part that's attached to the evaporator coil in the freezer compartment, which is covered by a plastic panel. Usually, intermittent operation is caused by the thermistor being enclosed in ice.