Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My whirlpool duet washing machine seems to have a problem

Customer Question

Good day my whirlpool duet washing machine seems to have a problem with the circuit board. I was installing it and forgot to turn the water on before we started a load. It thru a F8 and a E1 code so I turned it off then restarted when the water supply was turned on. Now I am not able to power the machine on and the pump is continuously running when it is connected to the power supply. The door is also remaining locked. Is there anyway to reset the machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today with your washer. You'll be glad to know that this is an easy fix. The washer is in flood mode because it took longer than 6 minutes to fill up with water. Due to the water being turned off, you'll need to leave the washer plugged in for 30 minutes and allow the washer to exit flood mode on it's own. The drain pump will continue to run until the flood sequence has finished it's routine. After that, the pump will shut off, the latch will unlock, and then you can use the washer like normal again. Just be sure to turn the water on before you start the cycle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?