Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kennmore washing machine heavy duty series 70 the

Customer Question

I have a kennmore washing machine heavy duty series 70 the hot will flow goo cold won't why
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. If the cold water isn't flowing well then make sure you have good water pressure going to the washer from your house. Turn the cold water off, disconnect the water line from the back of the washer and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. Turn the water on and see if it flows with good pressure. If so, check the filter screen on the back of the washer where the fill hose connects. If it's clogged with debris, use a spray bottle and Q-tip to clean it out. Other than that, your electronic water valve is just restricting the flow and the solenoid on the valve for the cold water isn't opening all the way so that valve that your fill hoses connect to on the washer itself would need to be ordered and replaced. You'll need the full model number located under the lid down by the hinges like in the picture I attached below to look up the correct water valve for your model.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?