Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE model 26 french door refrigerator. The ice

Customer Question

I have a GE model 26 french door refrigerator. The ice drawer is jammed, it will dispense ice, but I cannot remove the drawer. the release lever move freely, the drawer will only move 1/4".
I have tried to remove all the ice I can through the dispenser. Do you have a suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the ice bucket is jammed all you can really do is pull it out as far as possible and then use a hair dryer to shoot hot air into the ice compartment area. Usually there is ice build up preventing the bucket from pulling out so you need to melt the ice. Once it's melted you can then pull the drawer out. This could take awhile and it would be better to just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours, but if you did that you would need somewhere to put your food.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?