Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE PSW26PSWA SER# HM408099 I noticed the fridge & freezer

Customer Question

GE PSW26PSWA SER# *****
I noticed the fridge & freezer warming up
I pulled off the foam section in the lower area of fridge tested both fans and the other one in the bottom section they work fine
I replaced the main board I still seem to have nothing I don't seem to have any air flow
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They had some Frost. I can't say how much because I had it unplugged for a while and the fan at the top works when the door is closed the one in the middle doesn't seem to go on at all none of the fans seem to be turning on in the fridge area I checked them all with a separate power source they all work what next
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If you have replaced the board, you likely have a wiring issue if the fans test good. What is the part number of the board you installed?