Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II that the push to

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II that the push to start button is not working
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 5yrs model gew9878pw0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No not that I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the dryer does nothing when you press start, you either have a bad fuse or a bad door switch. Open the door and push the door switch. If it still clicks then it's good. If it doesn't click then you need to replace it. Other than that there is a fuse on the back of the dryer that has likely gone back. Below is a video that shows you how to access and test the fuse. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.