Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

We replaced the motherboard on our whirlpool 2 weeks ago it

Customer Question

we replaced the motherboard on our whirlpool 2 weeks ago it is freezing up again
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: had a man come the first time I m not really qualified at all
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert and I can help you today. Can you please tell me the full model number from inside the ref? Thank you.

Expert:  Jon replied 6 months ago.

Im assuming that the freezer side is freezing up, correct? or is it around the ice door chute that is freezing since it has been left open from broken spring?

Expert:  Jon replied 6 months ago.

A quick fix is to stuck a hand towel down the inside part of the door chute from where the ice comes out of the door. This will stop the air flow from coming in and freezing up. Then in th mean time, go to www.repairclinic.com to order the spring and door white parts you need to repair the ref. Next and more importantly, you will have to defrost the ice and replace the defrost control system. no the control board or mother board you had already had replaced. since this wasn't the issue, i recommend you replace bot the heaters and defrost control. This will take care of the whole issue.

Expert:  Jon replied 6 months ago.

get back to me here when you have a moment to go over a few things with this ref and I will help you more. Thanks. Look forward to hearing back from you soon and helping you fix this ref for good and cheaply and well.

Expert:  Jon replied 6 months ago.

Thanks again.