Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

I have a norcold n811 rv refrigerator. It is not cold. We

Customer Question

I have a norcold n811 rv refrigerator. It is not cold. We leave the rv hooked up and keep frig running on 110 all the time. We checked for proper ventilation no obstructions. The on light is on but not blinking. We disconnected the thermostat and tried running on propane with no success (the on light was blinking 1 time every 5 seconds during this). The fan is blowing, any other ideas other then cooling unit is shot?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Norcold model # ***** camper was bought new it is a 2009
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Secure page would not let me add email address
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

First, check the resistance across the electric heater. If it is open, it will need to be replaced. For a service and parts manual, go to, and select your model number from those listed.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. If you need more help, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is not open and is heating
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are we still working on this ?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** just to confirm, the heater has 110 volts ac is is actually getting hot but despite this there is no cooling?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is correct. We have tried both 110 and propane. It is running and fan is working
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Copy and paste the following in to your browser - -- if you look at picture two you will see a finned area at the top of the photo, when running is this hot?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is hot
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

OK this is your last ditch process - take the appliance out of its cabinet (if fitted) and turn it upside down ie top to bottom and bottom to top. With all connections disconnected from gas and electric leave it this way for 48 hours. Then reconnect and come back to me with your results. Its an old engineers trick for getting absorsion units to work.