John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have LG French door refrigerator Model LFX28978ST/00. It s

Customer Question

I have LG French door refrigerator Model LFX28978ST/00. It s not cooling. I opened main control board and put into test mode. Air coming through side damper at the ice maker connection. But there is no air coming from back damper at the upper refrigerator. So, my refrigerator do not cold enough. What is the problem with my refrigerator.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Can you hear the evaporator fan running in the fridge section? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
fridge section no air coming. If I back of the refrigerator there some noise. I can not identify, if it is fun r not. But freezer section blowing air.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
freezer section is capable to froze as good as before. Problem is in fridge section.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

OK. Thank you. There's probably ice in the air chute that's blocking sufficient cold air flow into the fridge section. Try heating the chute with a hair dryer or a heat gun to melt the ice. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not pair, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.