Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My range LRE30453SW1 will not heat to the set temp.If set on

Customer Question

My range LRE30453SW1 will not heat to the set temp.If set on 350 it stops heating at 335 and the temp in the oven is at 290 verified with two separate thermometers.I replaced the temperature sending unit.Same result.I replaced the sub power board.Same result.I replaced the main control board.Same result.With the temp increased the max 35 degrees and the oven set on 550 it cut off at 425 on the display and temp in oven was 365.Any ideas.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the board and the sensor has been replaced, it has to be an issue with the wiring harness between the two. Or, you are not allowing ample time for preheating before testing. Are you allowing at least 30 minutes before testing the temperature?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
30 min plus.I have also removed the lower heating element and inspected and OHM tested it.The temp sensor wiring tested fine at the control board. At a setting of 350 when it gets to 335 it stops heating the control panel will remain at 335 it does not go up or down.Stop the cycle and restart at 400 the display will read the temp to be lower than it was when it was stopped at least 40 to 50 degrees.I know the lower element does not come on until the last part of the preheat cycle does the transformer have anything to do with it.When the relay click on the transformer does hum.Its not a loud hum but loud enough to hear it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The transformer is just for the electronics. If the sensor circuit is testing good, it has to be an issue with the electronic control. There is nothing else that would cause the issues you are having.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The only board that has not been replaced is the touch pad.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The touch pad would not affect the sensor circuit. It would be the logic board that processes the signal from the sensor.