John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Zfsb23dnss. had the board replaced and it will not cool or

Customer Question

zfsb23dnss. had the board replaced and it will not cool or freeze. I remember there being a reset sequence or code when we had it replaced years ago?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. First, there is no reset code. Why was the control board replaced to start with? And do you hear any fans or motors running at all or is the unit 100% silent? Also, how long ago did you replace the board?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we had the board replaced a week ago for the second time. As I said, the first time a repair person just came back and pushed or held down buttons to reset it after the board was replaced.
Since the new board was installed this time, a new repair person came a few days ago and said it needed a new compressor,,,,we really dont htink this is the case though as it was running before he came out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

ok well as I also mentioned before, there is no reset for this board whatsoever. I'm not sure what he pressed and held or if that even had anything to do with the unit working again, but if the unit isn't working I can help you diagnose the problem if you wanted, but again there is no reset.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There just has to be something we are missing, since the same thing happened last time.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

More likely the issue was just never fixed or if it was then the control board continues to short out for some reason because the real problem isn't being fixed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been reading online about holding down the fridge and freezer touch buttons on the control panel, but none of the photos are the same as my control panel
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i cant afford to add $24 more for a phone consult.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Sorry I'm going to opt out because it doesn't appear you can get over the fact there is no way to reset the board and I'm not one to argue so I wish you the best.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry , not trying to be argumentative, its just that it ran for years after the originall board was replaced.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?