Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE PDW988 model dishwasher won't drain, Approx 10 years old?

Customer Question

GE PDW988 model dishwasher won't drain
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Approx 10 years old? GE PDW988
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

GE has a very difficult drain pump to access. Since your dishwasher isn't draining, the only way to investigate is to uninstall the dishwasher and access the drain pump in the lower back left corner of the dishwasher. Disconnect the drain hose from the drain pump and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's clear, remove the drain pump itself and check for debris in the pump. Remove the debris if you find any. If you find nothing then you'll need to order and replace the drain pump to fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.