Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore gas range model 790 clock/ timer display blinking

Customer Question

Kenmore gas range model 790 clock/ timer display blinking intermittently; is it safe to operate oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

It's safe to operate only because there are other safety devices built into the oven which would stop the oven from over heating if the display board got worse for some reason. Either way, you need to try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if not then the timer would need to be replaced to resolve the issue permanently or prevent the display board from getting worse.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.